Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just rambling on basically...with some mention of the Pixies

My days of the week are all confused. Tomorrow is my last day of the working week because on Thursday I am going to Brisbane to see The Pixies and then stay in Brisbane until Sunday.

(Wait...did I mention I was going to see The Pixies? Just checking...)

Anyway, I am in a quandary about what to do with Ukulele Friday this week. I think I might give it a break for one week only. Fun T Shirt Friday may be shifted to Wednesday as a one off special performance. I am teaching all day (to make up for my usual Friday morning class) so the choice of T shirt would not be inconsequential. I still have my subliminal/awesome message to wear. Perhaps though by the end of the day I will only be capable of explaining things through interpretive dance...a better choice. I guess I could take a shirt to Brisbane and wear it on Friday. But that's what I hate about packing. How do you know what you're going to feel like wearing three or four days in advance? You can't! It's impossible I tells you. Impossible. So tomorrow morning and evening I will have some clothing decisions to make.

There's only one person to blame for all this kerfuffling about. Frank Black. You heard me. If he and his band hadn't written such catchy little tunes, pioneered the pre-grunge soft-loud-soft template of genius etc etc, all the days could remain in their rightful place.

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh, I'd love a video of your interpretive dance!! I agree, it is like what food you will be feeling like on Friday: hard to predict. I do not know who The Pixies are, but I hope they are excellent!!