Saturday, April 14, 2012

a new grey zip up cardigan thing

I have just arisen from the lounge after a three hour (give or take) nap. I was very tired and it was a lovely nap as well - the kind where you go to sleep properly and sometimes get confused when you open your eyes as to the day and time. This is the kind of Saturday I haven't had for ages. My Mum and I went for coffee this morning first up. I hadn't eaten breakfast so I had a cheese and tomato toasted sandwich. It was simple but yummy. I even had it made on White Bread. Yes! I know...very bad indeed. Then I came home and had a short rehearsal with a cello student who is playing a lovely Piazolla tango in the Eisteddfod in a few weeks. We both need some more practice so she is coming back on Tuesday evening. Then my Mum and I went shopping. I have been curbing my shopping habits this year much to the delight of my bank balance. But I let fly this morning and came home with three pairs of jeans, four tops and the kind of comfy grey zip up cardigan thing that is perfect for weekends and after work during what passes for winter here in Bundaberg. It will replace my previous grey zip up cardigan thing which is now years old and sometimes fails to zip. It might be time for a wardrobe clean out very soon I think. Then I had the nap. And now I am drinking a beautiful cup of lady grey tea. Somehow I have managed to run out of coffee. Aaack! I mean, I know I only drink decaf so it doesn't really count but I just don't understand how I could have let that happen. Once again, it's a domestic goddess fail from me.

1 comment:

2paw said...

That sounds like a delightful Saturday. And excellent shopping too, it's always ice when you find a new old favourite. I run out of things all the time, it is annoying. I like all the 'grey' tea varieties!!