Saturday, December 8, 2012

the invisible zip

I was excited to receive a dress pattern in the post this week and couldn't wait to try it. Luckily I took the advice of the pattern and used a material I was not in love with for the first attempt. The dress has a fitted bodice, waistband insert and then gathered skirt. I managed to fit the bodice quite well. I inserted the waistband pieces successfully and managed to work out how to insert the invisible zip at the back. There are some issues with the waistband aligning all the way around (oops!) and I think I cut the skirt pieces one size too big as they are very gathery. Also the material is a bit heavy so doesn't sit very well but I needed to use it for something and I will know what to do next time now. It's definitely wearable but not a super awesome success.

I was happy with my choice of a contrasting waistband and matching hem though. Pretty patterns.

No comments: