Sunday, February 24, 2013

Last of the summer blouses

Today I finished sewing what I have decided will be the last of the summer blouses. When I was in Brisbane a few weeks ago I made flying visit to Gardam's in Edward street and bought the last of the roll of this beautiful rose pattern broderie anglaise. And I decided that I would make one last of what has become my standard sleeveless summer blouse. I think I have made about 8 of these since the sewing bug bit me last birthday. They have been awesome with pants and skirts all summer. But with autumn around the corner it's time to start sewing things with sleeves. Here is the finished product. No doubt I will be able to wear it for a while yet in what passes for Queensland's change of seasons.

3 comments:

2paw said...

The broderie anglaise is gorgeous, I love the rose pattern and it makes a cute top!!!

Wendy said...

I really liked the rose pattern. I bought some black and white fabric in a rose pattern as well so I am thinking about making a matching skirt :-)

The Second Half said...

Oh my, I used to love going to Gardams, I'd forgotten all about them. The fabric and blouse look wonderfully cool and chic