Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Countdown 1: Deck the Halls

It is fair to say that I have not been the most diligent of bloggers lately, but with December arriving it is time to get up, get with the program, and get in the Christmas spirit. I intend to do this through song. If I can manage it, there will be one Christmas song a day on The Spiralling Shape from now until Christmas Eve. Who knows, maybe I will go kerr-azy and also post one on Christmas day. The rules are, genre is unrestricted - classical, pop, religious, secular - all Christmas songs are welcome on my blog. Well, that's really only one rule isn't. One is enough. We begin today with a favourite, one that I actually find myself humming all year round which is slightly strange, and here given the Pomplamoose treatment. For those of you unfamiliar with Pomplamoose, their "treatment" of songs is always outstanding. I think it is particularly appropriate for the first day of December. Let's all Deck the Halls, our loungerooms, our kitchens, our front doors and wherever else you would like to deck.

4 comments:

2paw said...

They are almost, but not quite, grapefruit!! It is certainly a different treatment of the song. I think I prefer the more traditional song, but I look forward to broadening my carol horizons as the month progresses!!

Wendy said...

yes! I am hoping to find some hidden gems on youtube :)

The Second Half said...

That was fun !! Thanks, I am really looking forward to hearing/listening/watching what you find !!

Wendy said...

I best get cracking for tomorrow! :-)
Glad you liked it!