Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Countdown 4: remain seated...



This has been doing the rounds and what is Christmas without a little bit of the Messiah (even though technically it was written for Lent/Easter). And this is arguably the most famous bit, although not my favourite part. Anyway, this even gave me a few goosebumps on first watch (thanks Murray on FB) so I'm sharing with you on a very rainy Saturday in Bundaberg.

Oh...and I believe it was one of the King Georges who began the slightly weird tradition of standing during the Hallelujah chorus. You may remain seated at computer throughout if you wish.

1 comment:

2paw said...

Lovely, I think I was in the angel choir in the Messiah, when I was at school. We sang in the wings at the town hall. Waaay in the distant past I have a vague memory!!