Friday, December 30, 2011

worrywarting

It took less than a week for me to completely bork up my sleep schedule. Usually I am an in bed by 10/10:30, awake at 5am kind of gal. Since starting holidays last Friday I am now a go to bed by 11, read for nearly an hour, fall asleep, wake up at 8am at the earliest kind of gal. This is followed later in the day by a mid-to-late afternoon nap which can last for 1-2 hours. Of course this means that I am not tired enough to go to bed at a reasonable-ish hour and the whole process starts again. Now, you may ask, what's the problem here? This sounds like a perfectly good holiday sleeping schedule. Well, the problem will begin on January 30 when I have to return to work and wrench myself out of this lovely laziness. Why am I concerned about this now - a month before it will even happen? That's just the kind of worrywart I am.

2 comments:

The Second Half said...

I understand completely. I've been doing that for two glorious weeks now and have over another week to go, and I keep having to stop myself from worrying about that first 5.45am alarm some 10 days still away.
That rolling over about 6am and falling asleep again feeling is just so good...Enjoy!

Wendy said...

After suffering through yesterday with no nap I decided to throw caution to the wind again today...just completed lovely hour or so of napping on the lounge!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.