Saturday, May 9, 2009

hot sugary milk and coffee are not the same thing

Out shopping this afternoon I finally gave in and stopped for a coffee at Gloria Jeans with my mum. Now don't be alarmed, I have been to a Gloria Jeans before (I'm not from the dark ages, before there were mediocre coffee chains all over the place), just not the Bundaberg version which has been place for probably two years at one of our shopping centres. Like my decisions never to watch Forrest Gump or Titantic, or become a fan of Shane Warne, I was hoping to hold out a little longer on this mildly irrational resolution. As it turns out, I should have trusted my instinct. I was distinctly underwhelmed by the paper cups and plastic plates and cutlery. I didn't like the calling out of my name when my order was ready and I really didn't like that my so-called flat white tasted like hot sugary milk. Still, 1.95 for a piece of raisin toast, that was okay, I guess.

4 comments:

Jinx said...

Michel's has better coffee than Gloria Jean's so next time go there if you must have a coffee in the afternoon.

Wendy said...

ok...that will be the next one to try at hinkler. not where i usually have coffee anyway...as we all know!
:)

Sue said...

What I find really weird is that I can buy GJ coffee beans and make a REALLY nice coffee at home with them. I think the real problem is always the barista (sp?), not the coffee. Although I know they use their cheapo beans as their standard coffee... And every now and then you do get a decent coffee from there... But who really wants to take that risk... Lots of dots today...

Wendy said...

hmmm....yess....dots indeed....that ...is...indeed...very...strange...re...the....coffee