Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Queen of the Stairs

Yesterday and today were "yuge". If I walked up the backstage stairs at the Civic Centre once I did it a 100 times. If walked up the foyer stairs at the Playhouse Theatre once...the same. I am the queen of stairs. The sort of queen who really hates her inanimate subjects. I am sick of walking altogether. This morning I actually found myself thinking "hey wouldn't one of those Segways be a great thing to buy". It was then I realised I was in an Eisteddfod induced haze of tiredness that manifests in the form of ridiculous ideas. Probably not the best frame of mind in which to be interviewed for the local WIN news. I decided not to watch it in case it was just too cringeworthy. Apparently I looked tired. No surprises there. Five hours sleep last night as the evening session didn't finish until eleven and I decided that a good time to wake up would be 5am.

Still, it's all been running relatively smoothly. At least there have been no parents complaining bitterly because their child didn't win. Scoff if you will at such a ridiculous scenario but let me tell you in the world of local music making, the Eisteddfod is big business, and it's happened many a time before.

And now I'm too tired to think of anything remotely interesting to write.

I go to bed.

4 comments:

emma said...

Just think of all that wonderful exercise though! You and Leanne will be soo fit! i'm imagining you having all sorts of trouble with a Segway at the eisteddfod...funny!
If things are too boring i could always cause some trouble on Friday night (or instruct someone else!)...the staid music crowd need some excitement!

Wendy said...

yes it's like a week of intensive stairmaster training.
i don't think the segway could handle the stairs but would have great at certain types...either that or I get one of those sedan chairs that slaves carry me around in while I am hidden by silk curtains.

definitely try and cause some trouble...Friday night will be much more fun...and LOTS of kids!

Emma said...

that's exactly what i was imagining...the nice combination of segway and stairs!
well now that you are famous i'm sure some slaves could be organised :)

Wendy said...

yes i think i could definitely do with some minions to fetch and carry things for me....