Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What Wendy Watched: Idol viewers repeat after me....

Repeat after me....

I will always love you is the pop music equivalent of Nessun Dorma.
I will always love you is the pop music equivalent of Nessun Dorma.

No-one should ever attempt to sing it again - in public or private
No-one should ever attempt to sing it again - in public or private.


Why that lovely little girl Aliqua thought that would be a good choice tonight on Idol I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA. It was cliche-a-rama. Pity really, because she can actually sing.

Curly haired boy no. 1 Daniel sang something I didn't know. All very pleasant, popsville, and unmemorable.

Then the Whitney/Dolly impersonation which was just awkward and embarrassing for all concerned.

The Jason sang Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven. That is a very pretty song...I just think again BAD SONG CHOICE for a glitzy competition like this. And what is the fascination with Coldplay? Nicole with red hair sang some piece of blandness from them. I don't like Coldplay. (Can you tell?). They saved the big ones for last. The bricklaying boy who had never sung in public before this....apparently. I hate that hippity-hoppity big cap, basketball singlet look. But I found him really entertaining. And Sabrina, the littlest pixie in the competition sang a big song that Dicko kindly told her could make her a Mardi Gras star. I'm not sure she was too thrilled with that. But she kept smiling anyway.

Oh and through from last night - two huge voices - Ashleigh and Nathan. Nathan had a hat on which hid his awfully big fringe. Oh and Stan had ditched the big glassess and returned to the beannie. However, there were two girls in the audiences in big glasses. Could they be the bunny ears of Idol 2009? Let's hope not.

No comments: