Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What Wendy Watched: SONG CHOICE PEOPLE

Is it too early to hang my head in my hands and sob uncontrollably while watching Australian Idol? SONG CHOICE PEOPLE.

You know there have been some decent songs written in the history of pop, rock, blues, folk, country etc etc. I would not include on that list All Fired Up (Pat Benatar), It Must Have Been Love (Roxette), whatever that Christina Aguilera thing was, anything by Rob Thomas or Alanis Morrisette. But that's just me. The Elton John sun song is okay but really...a little bit dated. It was like a bad night at a karaoke bar.

Who stood out? No-one really. Although the Roxette young lady was noticeable for her inability to sing in tune and all round blandness. Not sure what was going on there. And Ashleigh Aguilera and Lauren Morrissette are going to ruin their young voices if they continue to push them like that from the back of their throats. Well, that's what it sounds like anyway. Young Nathan (Elton)John has the truest and most techinically sound voice I think. But I really want to brush that hair back out of his face. He was probably the pick.

In judging news, Marcia's hair was nicely wavy tonight, while Dicko and Mr DJ continued to try distinguish themselves from each other without much success. Mr G did a nice job of hosting solo. And Ricki Lee is a giant. (in case you hadn't noticed)

Oh and Stan and Kate got through to the top 12 from last night. Stan - predictable. Kate - a little bit of a surprise. Toby Coldplay looks like it's back to the classroom. And tall Seth pretty eyes didn't make it either. hmmmm.

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

I so agree with you about the song choice. I'm like WTF! at the television. Bland, shmand.

I think Marcia is the new judge to hate.

Wendy said...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia....I don't think she knows what she wants to be this year. Plus she seems to favour vague earth mother gobbledygook which is a little wearing.

Song choice...I woke up this morning with All Fired Up going through my head. Little bit annoying :)