Sunday, May 3, 2009

Watch, Listen and Singalong: Part 22: Souful Sunday

I was going write a long and witty post about the minor trials and tribulations of readying myself for the first day of the Eisteddfod tomorrow. I could have told you about shopping for necessary stationery, complete with an initial rant as to why officeworks isn't open on a Sunday up here. I could have also mentioned how running three different venues means three lots of everything - records books, chairperson instructions, ordering and sorting of own choice music, picking up keys and writing down instructions for entering venues so I don't set off any alarms (yet to be tested!),okaying the volunteer roster to do the five-six jobs needed at every session, finding out if our two adjudicators have any special dietary requirements, planning my clothes for the next five days and actually writing a list of such that is now sitting on my desk. In between all that I finished a draft of a paper and just have some references left to chase up during the week before it is due. I also scheduled in a nap this afternoon. And I'm sure you would have found that all very fascinating.

But I'm over it. I'm ready for the event to get moving. Tomorrow, sees us setting up at the two venues we start with and then competition beginning in the afternoon. I'm sure there are lots of kids all round town practising their pieces and feeling a little bit nervous.

So instead let's enjoy this.

No comments: