Friday, August 26, 2011

Still in my pyjamas at 9:15am

Once again I have been neglecting my blog rather shamefully. This does not mean I have not been blogging though. As part of my library studies this term I am maintaining a blog for activities and reflection on a weekly basis. I stole the title from Doctor Who - Silence in the Library. I am enjoying playing with the various web technologies we are being introduced to. As most of you who read this blog are well aware, I am not the most technological person in the world, so it is nice to feel like I am gaining some command over something. This week we are using flickr. I haven't used flickr for photo sharing before, preferring instead either to post selected photos here, or bombard fb friends with them. Given that I am pretty much done with facebook in any meaningful way, I am enjoying using flickr and I think I will continue to do so.
So apart from work being slightly madder and crazier than Term 1 I am doing lots of piano teaching and accompanying at the moment. And I am trying (and succeeding) to be vigilant about my work from home/line in the sand days for research. Today is one of them which is why I am still in my pyjamas at 9:15.

3 comments:

2paw said...

I am always glad to know another slightly un-technology person!! I enjoyed your video and I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the music to start!! I especially enjoyed the Bonus Cats.
Nothing wrong with being in your pyjamas, unless someone comes to the door!!

Wendy said...

Yes, you can almost count on the fact that if you stay in pyjamas too long someone will ring the door bell. I enjoyed the Bonus Cats as well :-)

The Second Half said...

Being in my dressing gown and or pyjamas and or bed after 9 am is what makes my weekend.
I often read the paper online and catch up with the world on a Saturday that way. And I've yet to explore a lot of the new technologies. I'm still trying to get the whole point of Twitter!
Sounds very normal to me!