Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Describe yourself in one word.....

That was the challenge set for my this evening by one of my facebook friends after I did a kind of viral status update that asked my fb friends to think of one word to describe me. Well of course both challenges are virtually impossible. How to narrow down the complexity of our human natures and temperaments to a single word? How to encompass our varieties of mood that wax and wane from the day to day, hour to hour, sometimes minute to minute? So I decided to make a list of words that I think describe me. Here's what I came up with in a short time.

Sarcastic,
Ironic,
Dry,
Witty,
Cranky,
Quiet,
Naive,
Cautious,
Optimistic,
Pessimistic,
Mad,
Happy,
Content,
Satisfied,
Repetitive,
Logical,
Unsure,
Freckly,
Shortsighted,
Tall,
Lazy,
Enthusiastic,
Confident,
Shy,
Introverted,
Romantic,
Sedentary,
Thoughtful,
Messy,
Helpful,
Dull,
Sympathetic,
Caring,
Annoyed,
Frustrated,
Hopeful,
Nervous
Joyful,
Sad,
Isolated,
Friendly,
Skeptical,
Flexible,
Just,
Fair,
Rigid,
Funny,
Weird,
Laughing,
Daggy,
Individual,
Writer,
Impatient,
Difficult,
Pale,
Teacher,
Anxious,
Relaxed,
Calm,
Reader,
Stressed,
Persistent,
Hopeless,
Brave,
Empathetic,
Listening,
Wordy,
Reflective,
Scared,
Dumb,
Uncertain,
Intelligent,
Boring,
Musical,
Untidy,
Complex,
Changeable,
Human,
Temperamental,
Observant,
Aware,
Contradictory.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! Hi this is Kerry.Just letting you know I read your list.I can't believe you did that!! I have described myself as a chameleon in the past, and I think you must be too.Umm anonymous was the least complicated way to leave a comment for now so here it is :)

2paw said...

I can't do those Choose 'x' amount of things. I cannot choose at all.
Now I have to look at your list and see if it includes 'undecided' or 'rebel'!!!

Wendy said...

Welcome to the blog Kerry/ Anonymous! I think most people are chameleons aren't they? If they're not they're not that interesting are they?

Wendy said...

Hmmm 2paw I don't think I am a rebel. I just play one on TV (hahahaha funny joke! well funny to me anyway) The inability to write a shorter list probably indicates some indecisiveness on my part...good words!

matt said...

Good list. How about musical and maybe creative? Also is there a word for collector of unusual objects?

Wendy said...

i think i got musical in there. funny, i don't think of myself as creative at all....maybe i am!?

collector of unusual objects...that's a good point...i might have to spend the day googling for that