Friday, December 11, 2009

Wendy gets into the Christmas Spirit: Lights

With minimal effort I have transformed my loungeroom into a Winter Wonderland. Here's a few simple steps you can follow for yourself.

1. Light the candles you already own but never light any other month of the year. Here are the nice handpainted tealight holders I bought in Hobart. They look Christmassy.



2. The same as for step 1, except this time light the tealights you bought at Wheel and Barrow at Robina Shoppingtown in September. Lighting them in December means they are for Christmas.



3. Turn on the fairylights that have been strung on your bookcase since last December but not turned on all year. This defines them as your "Christmas lights".



4. Sit back and admire your Christmas lighting handiwork.

3 comments:

2paw said...

Well it is certainly beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your house!! See how NOT taking down the fairy lights last year has been so fortuitous this year!!

Catriona said...

Looks fabulous! I have limited myself to a small tree but, of course, I don't have a cat with a plant fetish.

Wendy said...

The lights are my substitute for a tree (although a tree would be nice in a cat-free house).
And finally my lazy housekeeping has paid off. I think I'll leave them up for next year as well. That way it can be Christmas every day!