Sunday, August 24, 2008

a long afternoon at the theatre

Well it's getting closer now to when Oklahoma actually opens. Just over a week in fact before we begin playing to real audiences. So all the last minute things are starting to be put in place up at the theatre. Sets are being painted, costumes finalised, hair and makeup all starting to happen. We now also have an orchestra in the pit. Well not actually a full orchestra but some strings, a flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone and percussion. And it sounds pretty good if I do say so myself. And we're really just running the show in full at every rehearsal. So this afternoon we began at 1 and finished at 5:30. It was a long but productive afternoon, although a little concerning that one of the leads couldn't sing today...but I guess that it's better now than on opening night.

But the highlight for me was when the auction scene came together bee-yoo-ti-fully in Act 2.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jinx doing a wonderful job AND that was at the end of the very long afternoon!!

Wendy said...

she sure did...got all the duck, lemon meringue pie and the custard with raspberry syrup in all the right places

(my back aching today from sitting at the piano for four and half hours! - the wonders of getting older hey!)

Anonymous said...

You aren't old...yet! I feel sorry for you and the rest of the orchestra having to sit there for so long...you're the ones that need a break that you never get!

I was thinking...because you read Curly on Sunday maybe you should understudy HA how funny would that be!

Wendy said...

HaHaHa - you're so funny!!! that would just be hilarious

yes we certainly work hard in the pit...that's why we need to eat all those lollies!

Anonymous said...

I finally caught up with the blog. You are both so kind but I may still forget those dreaded lines. Everyone has been very supportive-- one little lovely actually said to me on stage " if is alright Jinx I know you can do it and you will finally get it" I wish I could have replied to her and tell her I know she will look like she is enjoying Many a new day but I just couldn't. Gosh this turned into a nasty piece SOrry.

Wendy said...

I'm laughing a lot at this!!!
but...i bet you do get it right on the night...all that practice can't have been for nothing! don't owrry I'll do a shout out from the pit if you forget the duck....hahaha..now I'm really amusing myself here at work