Monday, August 18, 2008

Maybe I should have some spinach (like Popeye!)

Another long afternoon at rehearsal yesterday. It didn't end up being the full run that had been planned. Rather, we spent the time going over certain scenes and fixing up lots of little details. I have finally been banished to the pit and have started playing the real piano. It's bit of shock to the system in terms of the muscle needed. The keyboard's keys aren't weighted so it's no work at all to play in terms of arms, shoulders, fingers etc. However, the piano in the pit is a Beale with a quite heavy action. I doubt that it's been tuned regularly either so imagine it could be improved slightly with some care and attention. It's a good workout for me nevertheless (although my back is a little bit sore today!)

No comments: