Saturday, April 18, 2009

Is super bigger than big? Clarification required.

Let's start with something different today, working in reverse order. Before I went to bed with my headache from Hades, I watched Spectacle with Elvis Costello. I hadn't caught it before because I was persisting with Rebus. With that now replaced by the less attractive Midsomer Murders I took the opportunity of checking out Elvis. He was interviewing The Police. Being very unaware of this period in pop music history I learnt a lot from Elvis's intelligent conversations with each member of the band. Surprisingly, I enjoyed he and Sting's take on the John Dowland lute number. I think having listened to each band member talk about their particular role and musical craftsmanship made the performance at the end so much more interesting to watch. I shall tune in again.

Prior to that however was of course TBL. You know the problem with this show is that an hour is TOO LONG, and half an hour is TOO SHORT. Perhaps 45 minutes would be JUST RIGHT. Down to business, it was the race for the final two WHITE SHIRTS. A SUPER CHALLENGE loomed on an island in Sydney Harbour. Is SUPER bigger than BIG? Ajay wasn't specific. Clarification please? The convict theme was suitably sadistic, as were the rules where the contestants had to return to the start if they got a question wrong. Of course it was left frustratingly UNFINISHED at the end of half an hour because we must TUNE IN on Sunday night to see who wins and makes it into the WILD CARD WEIGH IN. The Yellow line returns in all its sunny glory, DEVASTATING someone's Biggest Loser DREAM. Ooooh, how I can't wait.

(Well, actually I can wait. I'm very patient!)

And where is Bob. We haven't seen him for nights and nights. More Bob, Nathan, Commando action please.

Perhaps I'm not so patient after all...but I did say please.

No comments: