Sunday, April 5, 2009

yet another reason why I am not a domestic goddess

Feeling mightily pleased with myself, I stepped out the back door with a basketful of sheets, towels and a few other sundry items to hang them on the line only to discover the load of towels I washed last Sunday still hanging on the line.

I felt it was pretty safe to assume that after 7 days outside they were dry.

The problem is I can't see my clothes line from any room in the house. Am I going to have to start putting reminders in my outlook calendar: "4:30: get washing off line"?.

2 comments:

2paw said...

All I can say is that it's better than when my memory lapses and I go outside to where my laundry is to do a load of washing, and there's the last load from the day, or day before, waiting to be hung out!! Then I have TWO loads to do. Thank goodness a load for me is small, so it's an ill wind.....

Wendy said...

oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that too. Usually it's towels again. And I spend a few days wandering about the house wondering what the damp smell is when it finally dawns on me that there is a load of wet towels still sitting in the washing machine.