Tuesday, April 7, 2009

a very pretty skirt

I've just been up to the retirement village where my grandmother lives. She'd fallen over and bruised her foot and arm so my mother and I had to go looking for the nurse on duty. It was dinner time (5pm) so there were elderly people everywhere. I smiled at them all as we wandered through the obstacle course of walkers. A lively old dear sitting in an armchair, with dangly earrings and red hair, told me I had on a very pretty skirt. I laughed and said thank you very much. Then I started to wonder....

Does this mean
1. I have old lady taste in clothes
2. The old lady has younger lady taste in clothes
3. Myself and the old lady meet somewhere in the middle of our ages - say 55 and we both have that age group's taste in clothes.
4. Good taste in clothes is ageless so it doesn't matter.

I'm preferring to think option two or four but am worried slightly that it's one or three.

2 comments:

2paw said...

I'm going for #2 and #4 as well. Though when thinking about it I rarely see an 'old lady' skirt and think "That's nice!!"

Wendy said...

yes me neither so it definitely must be 2 and 4.
feeling better now...phew!