Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday just doesn't feel like Tuesday any more

It always takes some time to adjust to no teaching. Without it, the working week somehow loses it recognised structure. Tuesday just doesn't feel like Tuesday anymore without class at 12. It could be any day of the week. It does mean that I can turn my attention to other things (like for instance the second lot of "final corrections" on a paper) but I can't seem to get enthused about that either. Last week I was inundated with applications for next year's program and until I get through that big pile of manila folders - marking their testing and doing the phone interviews - I feel like any other kind of work is merely avoidance. I remember this from last year though. And the thing is, the pile of manila folders will not disappear totally until the program begins again in March. So I just need to ease into my routine of calls and marking in the morning and saving the afternoons for research and other more interesting things.

No comments: