Saturday, April 25, 2009

I already have enough cooking shows in my life

Dear Channel 10/ producers of The Biggest Loser/ producers of Masterchef/ Too clever for their own pants promotion people,

I know that television is all about the advertising, the branding, and the all round marketing and promotion. But please...the BLATANT INSERTION of a Masterchef style challenge for last night's contestants under the guise of "seeing if they would be able to maintain their good nutrition and new-found cooking skills outside Camp Biggest Loser" was a WASTE of 20 minutes. That was 20 minutes we could have been spending with BOB. By the way, the last we saw of Bob the Commando had left him at the SUMMIT of a mountain on Fitzroy Island. Is he still there? What is going on?

Also, I only need one program per year about people going on a "JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION" and The Biggest Loser has been it. No matter what you throw at me in the way of SNEAK PEEKS, ads, operatic Verdi choruses and House of Flying Daggers acrobatics with plates of food in hand, I am not planning to watch Masterchef. Perhaps it will be the HIT OF THE CENTURY. I'm doubtful, but if so, too bad for me. Be assured neither will I be watching any more Australian Idols or So you think you dances. I already have enough cooking shows in my life (Iron Chef, Ready Steady Cook, The Cook and the Chef, Fast Ed on BHAG, Hewey, Jamie, etc). I may tune in if there is another AMAZING RACE..because it is indeed AMAZING and I like the BICKERING and the STUPIDITY, whilst they are on an actual journey AROUND THE WORLD, as well as a JOURNEY OF SELF DISCOVERY. I may also watch Dancing with the Stars but only if Daryl Somers returns.

However, thank you for bringing the nice man with the Irish accent to show us how the contestants biological age had DRAMATICALLY REDUCED. THAT was interesting. It was a pity it was only the LAST 3 MINUTES of the SHOW.

Yours in television viewing
Wendy

PS. I also watched Elvis Costello interview and sing with Smokey Robinson on ABC2 at 8:30 That was most enjoyable television. Watch, learn, take notes etc.

No comments: