Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The pointy end of the game

Apparently we are now at the POINTY END of the GAME. Suddenly last night, things got moving because it seems (according to my mother) that FINALE is next Monday night. AAAGGGH. That's choir night. I am now in a terrible quandary. Would I really skip my duties at choir to watch THe Biggest Loser? I have invested a lot of time and energy into this program so I feel it is my right to stay home and watch it. I need a plan, that involves multiple friends who have moved into the 21st century and have dvd recorders.

So it was Train the Trainers, where the contestants took their REVENGE on the trainers for the various WORLDS OF PAIN they had been subject to. And it seemed they really did. Shannan was working up a real SWEAT and Michelle appeared to nearly throw up by the end. Of course, the cynical amongst us would believe this is SET UP FOR THE CAMERAS. I choose to believe otherwise. Perhaps I am a Biggest Loser SAP. However the trainers then got their own back with PAYBACK training. There was lots of talk of journeys, transformations, athleticism, winning etc. Then they sat the remaining contestants down and MADE THEM WATCH their audition videos. CUE CRYING. One thing I won't miss is the crying. Please if there is another series of BL can there be less crying? It's getting old. I usually watch it with my parents(because we are addicted as a family which is lovely really isn't it?) and we are now experts at predicting crying and when the ad break is coming up. Such is the repetition of the format. That's half the fun.

Question: How long is it since we saw Bob and Nathan weighed? I believe over a week. I think we caught a brief glimpse of them last night, but I can't remember what they were doing. Such is the mush of my brain this morning. More Bob tonight PLEASE.

4 comments:

Sue said...

You're welcome to come over for coffee (or tea?) and a belated repeat of the finale at my place... we'll just have to fit my shifts/classes around it...

We too predict ad breaks with about a 99.9% success rate!

Wendy said...

Oooh exciting!!! Will you record it for me. I'll get Mum to do so too in case of a technology failure!

2paw said...

I just read on Tv Tonight that they are splitting the Finale into two parts, hopefully to garner more shows in the year's top whatever, and I think the Final Finale is at 10 or 10-30pm???

Wendy said...

oh that's good. plus i've just realised that choir is social night which means we stop singing about 9-9:15 so I can be anti-socialand run home for the important bits!
:)