Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wendy's Week of TV 2.0: We return to our regularly scheduled programming next week

Wendy's Week of TV 2.0 is on hiatus this week for a couple of reasons.
1. Work has been mad which means rather than watching TV with intent and purpose I have been falling asleep in front of it.

2. I didn't watch anything particularly interesting or different compared to the last few weeks.

3. I have spent the weekend in Brisbane seeing Avenue Q...and madly shopping.

This post will address the shopping. Next post will address the musical.

Chermside. Sunday morning.

First of all, consider this: In Bundaberg we do not have official Sunday trading. Any kind of shopping is a treat on a Sunday.

Second, Chermside is massive, and clearly designed to confuse consumers into buying things they don't really need. I went there with one thing on my mental shopping list - a big bag of green vanilla tea from the T2 shop.

I came away with the following:

A big bag of green vanilla tea from the T2 shop
One pair of i love billy flowery shoes.
One pair of 5 dollar silver earrings. I suspect they may not be sterling silver.
One big colourful bracelet
One new nightie from Sussans
One long bright floral skirt
Coffee
Lunch

I restrained myself from entering the Apple store because there is a fair chance I would have whacked a new laptop on my credit card.

We got lost quite frequently and strangely managed to run into two other lots of people from Bundaberg in the space of half an hour.

2 comments:

2paw said...

Oh I had some T2 vanilla tea on Tuesday and it was yummy.
I a tipping the earrings aren't sterling, but you never know!!
MrsDrWho has been falling asleep after school for several hours and it is really cutting into her lifestyle too!!!
We have all hours open slather trading. It is always qualified with the 'slather'!!!

Wendy said...

I'm glad it's not just me then with the falling asleep!
I think I shall try the earrings today and see if I end up with itchy ears.