Thursday, July 10, 2008

darn it

I have spent the day trawling through third chapter of my thesis. This is where I think it actually starts to get interesting - with the analysis of very early, experimental TV images (although it is conceivable that I am biased and the rest of the population would find it as dull as the proverbial ditchwater). I did have the great thought that maybe this should be the basis of the paper for the Velvet Light Trap - on mechanically scanned television being a technological failure yet having much to tell us about the contemporary practices of television production and the whole notion of liveness. After about 24 hours musing on this I realised that this was the paper I have already had published last year through Westminster Papers etc. Darn it!
So now I have to continue with something new - which is a good thing in terms of future research, but much more effort than picking the eyes out of my thesis for a paper (yet again!). I guess there are only so many papers to be extracted from a thesis - and perhaps I am reaching my limit.

No comments: