Monday, July 21, 2008

the optimistic piano playing fool....

Well the piano launch concert went quite smoothly. For any readers in the wide bay keep an eye on the local news in the next day or two because the channel seven cameraman was there and spent quite a long time recording our piano trio. and. we've also been photographed for the local paper! Such a media tart I am becoming. Let's hope the television news don't use the part where I thought we were stopping and stared straight into the camera like a piano playing fool. Beethoven was okay...nerves were mostly controlled although I was surprised by the depth of tone in the lower register and wasn't quite happy with my projection of the melody line. Picky, picky. Still...not bad for minimal practice (ie. a couple of run throughs the day before). Every year I resolve to do more regular practice on important things like technical work...and every year it just doesn't really happen.

I arrived at the theatre just in time to begin the run through of Act 1. LOTS of stopping and starting at this early stage...though some scenes are coming together. But some hilarious moments as the men attempted to sing and move at the same time. I'm sure they'll get there.
No, really...I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked wonderful on the news last night. You were squeezed in and looked the happiest of the 3 pianists. The shirt was eye catching -- very pretty-- wish they made them in a BIG size!!!

Wendy said...

ooh -- that's a lovely comment and brought a smile to my face!
i'm sorry i missed it now! i think i was actually avoiding it in case i looked like a nitwit....