Friday, July 18, 2008

That's three people at one piano - not three pianos

Well I survived my big week of four late nights out in a row and am very pleased to see Friday evening arrive with nothing more ahead of my than flopping in front of the TV. ( To understand the significance of this you need to understand that for the last few months more often than not I have been in bed by 9!). Legendary Anne remembered to record Gil Mayo for me and gave me the heads up that this episode contains another fantastic grammar commentary...can't wait!
Other than that the weekend holds a variety of commitments and outings. Hopefully, Saturday will start with breakfast, closely followed by a facial at ella bache. Then midday sees a quick rehearsal for Sunday afternoon's concert.
The concert is a "launch" of the choir's beautiful new upright piano which they purchased with the help of an radf grant. And I am playing a solo (beethoven), a piano trio (that's three people at one piano - not three pianos) and accompanying a vocal duet. Phew...
I've never played a piano trio of this kind before. At our one and only practice yesterday we discovered it's pretty squashy...frequently hands running into each other. It's also much more challenging in terms of ensemble!
The concert is at the same time as a marathon oklahoma rehearsal...1-5pm at the theatre. (I made an executive decision and decided I will be arriving from 3 onwards)
All this combined with the usual weekend household chores and my wonderful father continuing his painting of the inside of the house should make for some fun times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Goths are gone from the AMazing Race. They made a poor decision on the u-turn. So now we are down to 4 groups I think. Those Boboli gardens were inspiring and made me think of my backpacking days across Europe.

Wendy said...

oh - that's sad...they've had return to the banalities of everyday goth existence now i guess
yes - the best thing about that program is the scenery...and the arguments!!