Thursday, July 3, 2008

wool socks

Oklahoma rehearsals began in earnest last night with some rousing chorus work. We learned the finale, both "Oklahomas" and the Farmer and the Cowman. Lots of sometimes challenging harmony in Oklahoma. Of course everyone knows the tune but underneath Rodgers and Hammerstein got carried away with up to seven parts working at once! It's going to sound great but will take a little bit of rehearsing. The playhouse is a fantastic venue but it's FREEZING in the winter. I was very happy that I was wearing my scarf but my feet were iceblocks by the time I went home. On a shopping jaunt today I discovered it's nigh on impossible to find wool socks in these subtropical climes. But I'll keep looking before our next evening rehearsal....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to gain some weight; that will keep the winter chill at bay!! No only kidding, what you really need is a heater inbuilt into the piano!! I definitely agree with you about the temperature in there - freeeeezing and to make you feel even better, it was much warmer upstairs in the foyer (Leanne left you with all those who don't feel the cold - Complain No. 1 lol)

Wendy said...

yes a heater, and a knee rug and a beannie, and a hot chocolate machine....

Anonymous said...

someone else used anonymous!!! I didn't notice the cold cause I had IKE sitting next to me -- very cosy.

Wendy said...

geez i thought anonymous was aunt eller!!!
anonymous - who are you????

Wendy said...

yeah - and - no-one sits next to the pianist either!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew you would think that was Aunt Eller!! It's Emma...I won't be anonymous anymore!

Wendy said...

HI! - mystery solved!!
welcome...lucy llama???

Anonymous said...

Long story...but to cut it short apparently I bear a 'slight' resemblance to Lucy from the latest Naria movies and something to do with the llama song - I think i'll have to explain on Wednesday night for this to make any sense!

Wendy said...

hmmm...now intrigued....especially to hear any kind of song about a llama!