Thursday, July 10, 2008

the weird remix version

I'm not sure what the benchmark of song repetitions is that one has to reach before a song is stuck in your head for almost 24 hours, but clearly I passed it at practice last night.
All night (even I believe while I was asleep) I enjoyed "OOOHHHH - K! - la-ho-ma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain" - just this phrase mind - not the whole song or anything. The same little melody over and over. My futile attempt to go to sleep was continually thwarted until sometime after midnight. I refused to get up and look at the clock as I just didn't need to know.

And what's even more fantastic...I'm still reliving it this afternoon...although now it's part of a weird remix version that includes bits and pieces of "Friday on my Mind" (guitar riff from the opening) and "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" (the bass line) - both from the car stereo.

No comments: