Wednesday, July 1, 2009

bizarro world

Here's part of an email I received today:

Hi Wendy,

My name is ("name removed for privacy reasons") and I am a producer at TODAY - WEEKEND EDITION with the Nine Network.

This weekend will be the 20th anniversary since Seinfeld debuted and I understand you are the press contact regarding this.

I would love to chat to you about this as soon as possible.


I am not, and never have been a press contact for anything, let alone the 20th anniversary of Seinfeld (although that sounds like a pretty fun job and one that I would like). I rang the producer back and explained this to her. Apparently my contacts appear on some events list that the media has access to saying that I am officially connected to the 20th anniversary of Seinfeld in some way. What a little bit of blogging leads to! I offered to send her my blog address. I think she was hoping for press releases.

It was a bizarro moment in an otherwise very ordinary day. For a moment there, I was almost important.

4 comments:

matt said...

That is what I call a missed opportunity. Think of the havoc you could have wreaked and the joy of watching it unfold on the telly on the weekend.

Wendy said...

I'm thinking about it now....and kicking myself :)

Kramergate perhaps?

Andrew said...

DO you know Jerry? Please intro me to him.... Man you know all te right people

Wendy said...

yes i'm very special ;)