Tuesday, June 10, 2008

been there, done that, bought the fridge magnets


Before leaving brisbane yesterday I queued up with the crowds to see the picasso exhibition at goma (that's one ugly acronym for an art gallery). I hadn't been to this fine newish institution and enjoyed the building and space of the gallery. The actual exhibition was fine but as with a lot of art I found myself fairly unmoved. I preferred the sketches to the paintings. Still it was interesting to see what sort of art picasso had in his own collection and for the fairly uninitiated (like myself) there was a logic to the progression of the exhibition as we made our way around and into the shop.

Sadly, the shopper in me always finds the buying of knick knacks most rewarding.

I got the cute little cube you can see above.


and yes, I am now the proud owner of some picasso fridge magnets. Aint consumerism grand....perhaps andy warhol would be more my style.

No comments: