Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I blog therefore....

Well I've started this whole blogging caper. Only about a decade later than everyone else in the big wide world of the web - but you know what they say - better late than never. (Actually i hate it when I find myself saying that).
I've been checking out various blogs - academic and otherwise lately. The key seems to be - opinions, opinions, opinions - some well thought out and some not.
Sure I've got plenty of opinions - whether they're worth recording on a blog is another question entirely.
For the moment I will observe that my lightbulb in my bedroom has blown AGAIN. My cat seems to be shedding quite the mountain of hair over the last few days. Work was dull today (hence the blog reading during work hours - very bad)
And I have some real reservations about the whole performativity of blogging practice (in addition to a squirming embarrassment about the word "blog" more generally - I blog, I have blogged, she blogs, yesterday we all blogged).
Nevertheless, I see advantages in making myself write regularly as that is something that happens less and less in the day job.
So here I go....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOur blog is really like a diary of the modern era. One can gain a lot about someone and do it so with complete anonymity. I am being polite and telling you I have read all your writings ( while at work) so maybe I should now get back to my work.

Wendy said...

Well i think that's an extremely productive use of work time