Sunday, June 29, 2008

the people in your neighbourhood

A little sadness over the weekend with my wonderful neighbours putting their house up for sale. Hidden away in the corner of the cul-de-sac, this swiss couple are the epitome of good neighbours. Over the past few years they have generously shared their homegrown produce with me - everything including lettuce, celery, tomato, corn, mandarins, lemons and more. I was also treated to homemade bread, eggs as easter time, and sometimes a share of their evening meal. They looked after my mail when I was away, and earlier this year when my house was uninhabitable for a few days they looked after my family and I with endless cups of coffee and cake. Their hospitality was always genuine and without expectations and when they move I am sure it won't just be me, but the whole street, who will miss them.

No comments: