Thursday, June 26, 2008

"I am drama"

Well the excitement was high last night at the theatre for Oklahoma auditions. I sat quietly at the keyboard and did what was needed while everyone else did their dramatic stuff. I always enjoy watching the process of audition and rehearsal. There was a big turnout for the chorus and quite a number of guys which is always a bonus as they are difficult to come by for local musicals. Great stuff. Like all Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals Oklahoma has a fantastic score - it's really a highlight from that classic period of the American musical. Although after about 15 versions of "I'm just a girl who cain't say no" I was really over that one!

Looking forward to rehearsals starting in earnest next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to receive the phone call that I had succcessfully auditioned for Aunt Eller!!!! Now to memorise those lines and not feel tired at work after 3 rehearsals a week.

Wendy said...

hmmm the three rehearsals a week might prove a challenge for me as well! at least we start off with just 2 a week for the first few weeks...