Thursday, June 5, 2008

is this winter?

It's unpleasantly hot today for the 5th day of winter. Not that we really get a true winter here in sunny Queensland.

Only half a day of work today which was a treat. I spent most of the time continuing through my thesis. It's quite a challenge trying to conceive of how it could be different - in both structure and tone. And it's also difficult to stand back with a real critical eye as I'm reading. I guess when you spend something like 6 years constructing it as "thesis" - it can't be dismantled and rebuilt overnight. So I am trying to enjoy the process of going through the chapters with a fine tooth comb. It's a luxury really - to have the opportunity to change it without the pressure that came initially with the prospect of the phd examination. And sometimes there are even moments to treasure - as I'm reading along and think "that's actually okay!"

No comments: