Wednesday, September 17, 2008

as weak as you can make it really and still call it coffee



Normally I wouldn't post photos of coffee and cake, but in the aftermath of the yucky virus a couple of weeks ago I lost all taste and inclination for coffee - sad times indeed. This morning Anne and I resumed our Wednesday morning "meetings" and I managed to take this photo to mark the occasion.

The break from regular caffeine means I have lost all tolerance to its effects...and now my order has gone from the slightly wimpy half-strength to the very pathetic indeed "quarter-strength.. as weak as you can make it really and still call it coffee". This is said with mild embarrassment in a quiet undertone...so no-one will point and laugh.

Even that made me slightly jittery for the rest of the morning.

The poached apricot and almond tart was to die for though.

No comments: