Thursday, September 11, 2008

in defence of inappropriate footwear

Yesterday while out shopping I briefly channelled my grandmother and bought two pairs of really inappropriate shoes. If they're colourful with any kind bedazzling, diamantes, glitter or beading my grandma will pounce on them and take them home (once she's paid for them of course). She's like a little bowerbird.

In my defence...they were on the reduced table. Still I'm not sure what came over me. It might be that I am so sick of wearing wintery closed in shoes (yes even my lovely new red leather ones and my green sneakers)

So now I am the sort of proud owner of a pair of silver thongs and another pair of black t bar sandal contraptions with these huge fake crystal things down the centre.

I'm wearing the silver thongs now.

I think the attraction might be when you look down at your feet, they bring a wry smile to your face.

(Feel free to laugh uproariously if you like)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I wore the crystal contraptions to the theatre last night....I also painted my toenails with black glitter to match. What fab feet I had!!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone's favourite youngen announced how much she loved your 'crystal contraptions' last night so there your go!

Wendy said...

wow...i'm a star!