Monday, September 15, 2008

a little smidgen of Christmas

It's so exciting getting books in the post. Two arrived today, waiting for me on the kitchen table when I walked in after work. It's like a little smidgen of Christmas or birthday on an otherwise ordinary Monday (even though I knew they were coming and had obviously ordered and paid for them myself)

Hardt and Negri's Multitude and Jasper Fforde's The Eyre Affair (thanks for recommendation Catriona and company at Circulating Library).

I started The Eyre Affair while cooking dinner...a few pages in and I'm already hooked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good! I do worry when recommending books that people won't like them. I recommend Jasper Fforde to everyone; I think he's brilliant.

Wendy said...

it's always a risk isn't it!
it's a while since I've been enthused about fiction...maybe this one will be the key!