Friday, September 5, 2008

an extremely tasteful birthday card



Here's something I was inspired to dig out of my big box of cards and keepsakes. That's right, it's an extremely tasteful Melrose Place birthday card. Note the front cover where my wonderful friends drew in the missing cast members. They also labelled each person with their name across their forehead for some reason.




This photo came out a little blurry so I'll transcribe it for your reading pleasure.
"To Wendy, Happy 20th Birthday! We hope you have learned a lot from your teenage experiences eg. getting drunk and spewing for a whole day; so that now you will grow and blossom into a mature and responsible adult.
From your loyal and devoted friends,
Kent and Miranda"
Aaaah....ain't that pretty!
The lesson here is don't go to a party at your residential college on a Wednesday evening, the night before you have to perform in a recital. And definitely, while at the same party, don't mix drinking kahlua and milk with gin and tonics. Otherwise you too will have a revolting hangover and be unable to get out of bed for 24 hours.
This put me off alcohol and milk drinks for life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may not have been a 90210 fan, but that is glorious.

I have a pop-up Star Trek one somewhere, but this is cooler.

Wendy said...

pop-up hey! that sounds cute!!