Sunday, September 14, 2008

corn, tiaras and butter churns

Well I finally got around to taking some more pictures up at the theatre. Mostly frontstage this time (except for this one above). You'll note my wonderful pink fluffy tiara sitting on the piano. Friday's night theme in the pit was "bling". So in addition to my crystal sandals mentioned in an earlier post, wonderful Donna had been to the reject shop and bought some $2 tiaras. Wearing a tiara really does make you feel like a princess. Wearing a reject shop tiara makes you feel like a tacky, secondhand sort of princess.

That corn really is as high as an elephant's eye.

Here's Aunt Eller's chair and her butter churn...ready for the opening scene.


The view from afar...well up in the auditorium anyway. This is what the audience sees. Note some cast members "walking the stage" before the theatre "goes live". Goodness but my theatrical lingo is impressive.

And here's a shot of Aunt Eller's little house. If you look carefully you can see she's got some healthy red geraniums in a windowbox there. I'm not sure if this would be authentic to Oklahoma but they sure do look "purty". My Oklahoma lingo is getting quite impressive too..."ain't it".




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Petunias huh.... I wonder what flower I will be next week :P

Wendy said...

I bet nige spends all week trying to think of something surprising...like the rhododenrons today...!

Anonymous said...

excellent photos--- I must get some more photos on the weekend. Just for the memories. My geraniums are very healthy huh???

Wendy said...

yes you must
geraniums...must be all the fake watering you give them during people will say we're in love
:)