Friday, September 5, 2008

television in the olden days

Winding down in front of the television after last night's opening of Oklahoma I think I remember seeing a promo for something that was suspiciously called "90210". WHAT...are Brenda and Dylan making a comeback? Sadly, Luke Perry and his strangely aged and wrinkly forehead was nowhere to be seen. Maybe some guest appearances? But could this be 90210 for Generation Y (or whatever generational letter we are up to now). The only thing better than that would be if Melrose Place returned with Heather Locklear stirring up all kinds of trouble between the angelic Billy and Alison (before MP went REALLY stupid with the crazed Kimberley coming back from the dead or some such).

Aaaah...television in the olden days...wasn't it grand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it helps, I picked up, somewhere during my vague wanderings through the internet, the idea that the new 90210 does have Shannon Doherty in it.

At least until she gets herself fired again, presumably.

I was never a fan of either it or Melrose Place, but I did rewatch some Northern Exposure recently, and thought it had held up remarkbly well.

Wendy said...

oh that is good news re shannon doherty

northern exposure one of my all time favourites...what amazes me watching it again in the last few years is that it ever got made at all!

re melrose place: I'm about to try and find one of my favourite things ever that I have kept from my yoof.