Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tidy huh?!


Finally, after weeks of procastinating I tidied my desk and then, wonder of wonders, I actually sat down and did some work on my paper.
At home.
On a Saturday.
This hasn't happened for quite some time, but with the unproductivity of last week, drastic measures were called for. It's actually good sometimes to take a break from a piece of writing and then return to it with fresh eyes. I was surprised with the section on Foucault and marginality - didn't feel the urge to rewrite it particularly. Surprised because I had written quickly in a distracted frame of mind in between lots of twiddling jobs at work. The opening sections were a little clunky, but that is to be expected when you write in a semi-intuitive fashion as I tend to. I now need to write the final section and conclusion and try and get it away by Friday. We'll see what the week brings I guess.

No comments: