Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Watch, Listen and Singalong: Part 10: skating past Rod Stewart

This is what happens when you see an ad for House starring Hugh Laurie, a program I tried for a while, but found less than compelling. However, I started thinking about Laurie's career pre Emmy award winning, cranky-genius doctor. He was in a movie called Peter's Friends. I can't remember anything about it except that in it he sang this song. And since then it has been one of my all time favourites toons. So searching through you tube for a Hugh's version (which surprisingly was not found) I passed by Michael Buble's overly mannered jazzy take, ignored the zillion people doing covers of Frank Sinatra singing it, briefly flirted with Tony Bennett's version, skated past Rod Stewart and then hit on this.



When musicals were musicals.

No comments: