Thursday, March 26, 2009

Watch, Listen and Singalong: Part 17: Shimmering Sun



It's impossible to pick a favourite Beatles song. But this was my "first" favourite. I can remember the first time I heard it I was Christmas shopping in Bourbong street here in Bundaberg and my brother and I went to a shop that was upstairs off from the street. We were in our late teens. And in the shop they were playing this song. I didn't know it was by the Beatles, I didn't know what it was called. Basically, like Manuel, I knew nothing. Except that I'd never heard anything like it before. So shimmering and beautiful. In the meantime I had asked for Abbey Road for Christmas. When I got it I could not believe that this song was on there. There's probably a word for such an occurrence. Coincidence, serendipity, whatever. I still love it. And it's one of the reasons my cat is named Harrison.

No comments: