Monday, April 12, 2010

The grey half-light of 5am

Dearest Monday

It's been some time since our last communication so I thought I would take this opportunity to write. I hope you don't mind but I am going to provide you with a little constructive criticism. Please take it in the spirit in which it is intended. That is, get your freaking act together and start behaving.
1. If you could perhaps have a word with the seasons and tell Summer to pack its bags it would be much appreciated. I thought we had done with the humid, bad for sleeping nights but based on last night, clearly not. It's April for goodness sake. Let Autumn have their turn.
2. Headaches. I don't know if you've ever woken with the same headache you went to bed with but let me assure it is an unpleasant experience. If you could remove the headaches from your mornings that would be delightful.
3. Waking up early. My alarm is set for 6.30am for a reason. I do not need to wake in the grey half light of 5am. I have getting ready for work down to a fine art with my 6:30am iPhone wakeup call. There is no need to give me a "helping hand" by having me wake up any earlier.

Thank you.
I do hope you have a nice day. More importantly, I hope that I have a nice day.

Kind Regards
Wendy

6 comments:

2paw said...

Autumn has been busy here, so I expect we have taken her away from your area. Sure she will be back up there soon.
Yuck, headaches. They are horrid. Could be the humidity.
Or.
Could be all the early waking up. You don't even have the Daylight Saving to blame. Must be Monday's fault.
Hope you have a nice day!!

Wendy said...

It's definitely Monday's fault. We are having a last blast of stinky humid summer weather over the last few days. I hope it Goes Away Very Soon.
the headache remained but Monday was surprisingly well behaved.

Lindy said...

RE: points 1, 2 & 3. You are absolutely spot-on correct. I have exactly the smae problems, but had nobody to blame until you informed me about Mondays. Out, damn Mondays, and take your damn headaches with you.

Wendy said...

yes Out out out out out out....my headache remains and it is Wednesday. :(

The Second Half said...

It has to be something covering the whole country, I've got the same headache too.
And it's telling me that it is staying for a week, it might leave Friday night if it feels inclined, and a nice cup of tea might bribe it to go away for a little while if I'm nice to it.

Wendy said...

what is going on? I'm starting to think I have a sinus infection. my face is hurting and I'm sick of it.
more panadol please!