Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wendy's Week of TV 2.0: I only watch that for the ties

Firstly, I think blogger is mucking around with some comments. If you have commented and it has not appeared please believe me it's not from me not clicking "approve". Something weird is happening.

Anyhoo to more important business. Television.

Twice I have failed to set my DVD correctly this week. The first failure occurred on Sunday evening for the Quentin Crisp program. I managed to record the first twenty minutes rather than the whole thing. And then I thought I had recorded the follow up on Wednesday evening about the musical boy with cystic fibrosis but my DVD recorder had other ideas. But I see there is something else on about him tonight. But it clashes with Bones. And I am going to be out. So I am in a big dilemma.

I did sadly managed to record about 10 minutes of the lamentable Hungry Beast before getting on to Beautiful People which was fabulous darling as always. This week it had a Eurovision theme. Enough said.

Monday, I did thankfully manage to set the infernal device correctly for TBBT. Sadly, it wasn't the strongest of episodes. Still, there is some comedy to be gained from Sheldon's inability to drive. HaHa. I was so bored on Tuesday evening I almost watched it again.

What else was there? Not much of note except for my semi-religious viewing of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. These are really the only decent regular nightly programs. Apart from Alan Kohler's finance report. And I only watch that for the ties. And the mystifying graphs.

I did persevere with Being Erica. Ho hum. Erica learns about herself by travelling back in time. La di da. Not that interesting. And the thing that follows it is worth watching if only because it stars Fran from Black Books. No other reasons really.

Rockwiz last night was a repeat with Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson. Always watchable. Their Kylie Minogue cover was an unexpected delight.

And that's it, unless you count the fact that I recorded Grand Designs revisited and slept through it yesterday afternoon in a post-marking stupor. Probably that doesn't really count I guess.

This is a little bit of a rambly Week of TV. I apologise. I have just marked 80 or so assignments in three days. My brain is tired. And also a little bit bored.

2 comments:

2paw said...

Damn, I'm reading posts backwards in time, Bones was a repeat, but it's too late now. Rarely is there a new episode of anything at Easter. In fact some shows disappear.
I saw Tamsin Greig(sp?) in Love Soup but I am cross and not watching because I must ahve missed the first series. Bah Humbug.

Wendy said...

I'm not sure what series this is of Love Soup but it is a pleasant enough way to pass thirty minutes.

I was a little confused by Bones there for a while given that I am a recent convert but have consulted wikipedia and am now all sorted!