Monday, April 5, 2010

Such slothful chillaxin'

Could this be the best Monday of the year? It's like getting a do-over for Sunday which is nice because I spent Sunday finishing my marking. So as far as Sundays go it was a bit of a bust.

This was a good thing though, because it means I don't have to do any today so I am free as a bird. This would be the kind of bird who intends to eat a bit more chocolate, read, watch dvds, sleep and just generally laze about. In between those fascinating activities I shall be doing my washing and having a bit of a tidy up.

I am tossing up between watching The Darjeeling Limited and Fargo. I own both of these and have never watched them. Ever. If I got started now I suppose I could watch them both. Now, there is a radical thought. Two movies in one day. Heavens to Betsy what is the world coming to? Such slothful chillaxin'. I don't know if I can cope. Best go and do something a little bit productive first. Washing up, or sorting the dirty clothes, or perhaps run the vacuum through the house.

Or perhaps not....

7 comments:

Andy said...

Go with Fargo - you cant beat the Coen bros

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

Actually went with Darjeeling Ltd...very sweet and atmospheric. I am a bit off the Coens after the disaster of Burn After Reading. But Fargo was a long time ago. It's next on the list now. :)

2paw said...

I was voting for Fargo too. It is very amusing in a not so obvious way and I love Frances McD's acccent. Hope you had a wonderfully luxuriant day!! Does Darjeeling have a Wilson?? I am not so enamoured with the Wilsons.

Wendy said...

Well I must really make time for Fargo this week then I think. Yes the Darjeeling has a Wilson of the Owen Variety. He was actually good. It also has Adrien Brody who I like from The Pianist. And a cameo by Angelica Huston and Bill Murray. I have tried other Wes Anderson films movie but they have always left me quite bored (The Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenebaums). This one was much nicer.

Emma said...

Glad to know that I was part of your "bust" Sunday

Wendy said...

I think you were post the "bust"....didn't think you would want me to name names!